Accessible Expressions Ohio
Accessible Expressions Ohio is one of the most diverse art exhibits on display. It is an adjudicated, statewide exhibition and tour of sixty 2D and 3D art by Ohio artists with disabilities. Artists of any age, living in Ohio, with a disability may enter in the Youth, Emerging, or Professional categories.
AEO raises awareness by presenting the show in inclusive settings designed to change perceptions about disability.
AEO is a professional development opportunity. Whether it’s your first acceptance into an exhibit or another line on your resume, AEO connects artists with peers and a statewide audience of potential patrons.
Sales of artwork are encouraged during the tour
Every artist receives a Certificate of Participation
Several cash awards are offered, including Best in Show and People’s Choice
AEO has included 1,500+ artists since it began in 1996
View the Accessible Expressions Ohio Permenant Collection
2020 Submissions are closed. Enter your contact information below and we will contact you when the 2021 application is open.
AEO Entry Guidelines
- Artists of any age, who are residents of Ohio and have a disability are eligible to apply
- As defined by the ADA, a disability is a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity.
- You do not have to disclose the actual disability. Submissions must be original artwork, completed within the last 2 years.
- Artists may submit one (1) or two (2) entries.
- All artwork must have a visual component, but can be 2D or 3D.
- Entries are reviewed by a panel of practicing artists, educators, and arts administrators who determine standards, originality, and diversity.
- All decisions are final.
- Art Possible adds a 20% commission to the price you set to help pay tour costs.
- Deadline to Apply: November 27, 2019.
- Notification: January 10, 2020.
- Art must be delivered by: February 26, 2020.
- Art will be returned after the tour ends in December 2020.
Host the Exhibition
Help inspire your community by partnering with Art Possible and hosting AEO at a site in your neighborhood. We work to make this easy for you: flexible date availability for scheduling; just the right number of pieces to meet the needs of your space; and a Art Possible staff member will assist with installation and deinstallation.
AEO is displayed at libraries, government and corporate offices, galleries, and conferences. AEO is a great way to increase the visual appeal of your space while also helping raise awareness about accessible arts.